In this simple Python program, you will learn to check if a number is odd or even. Before moving ahead, please ensure that you understand the basic concepts of Python programming, such as:
- Python operators
- If-else statements
In case you have just started your Python journey, then here are some resources that you should check out:
Python Program To Check If a Number is Odd or Even
Let’s now see how to check if a number is odd or even using Python code.
It is as simple as ABC. We will take input from the user and then check if the number is divisible by 2. If the number is divisible by 2, it is an even number; otherwise, the number is odd.
We will check the divisibility using the modulo operator (%) and use if-else Python statements to print if the number is odd or even.
Here’s the code for the same.
#Python program to check if a number is odd or even #Input number from user number = int(input("Enter a number to check odd or even \n")) #Checking if the nunmber is divisible by 2 or not #If the number is divisible by 2 then it is an even number if (number % 2) == 0: print("Number is even") #If the number is not divisble by 2 then it is an odd number else: print("Number is odd")
Here’s the output of the above program.
Other Python code examples you should check out:
- Working With Python 3 Lists | Learn By Examples
- Dictionary In Python 3 | Learn With Examples
- Sending Emails Using Python With Image And PDF Attachments
- How To Make A Simple Python 3 Calculator Using Functions
- How To Make A Digital Clock In Python Using Tkinter
Python Program to Check Whether a Given Number is Even or Odd Recursively
def evenOrOdd(n): #if remainder is 0 then num is even if(n % 2 == 0): return True #if remainder is 1 then num is odd elif(n %2 != 0): return False else: return evenOrOdd(n) # Input by geeks num = int(input("Enter a number to check if it is odd or even")) if(evenOrOdd( num )): print(num ,"The given number is even") else: print(num ,"The given number is odd")
Python Program To Check Even and Odd Numbers In a List
#create a list of numbers numlist = [23, 34, 45, 56, 57, 68, 89] #for loop to check if the number is odd or even in the list for i in numlist: if i%2 == 0: print(i,"- Even") else: print(i,"- Odd")
Python Program to Print Even Numbers from 1 to 100 Using For Loop
print("Even numbers between 1 and 100 are") for i in range(1, 100): if i%2==0: print(i)
Here are some similar Python program examples you should check out:
- Python Program To Check Prime Number
- Python 3 Program To Multiply Two Matrices
- Python 3 Program To Add Two Matrices
- Python 3 Program to Check Armstrong Number
- Python 3 Program To Convert Celsius To Fahrenheit
Python Program to Print Even Numbers from 1 to 100 Using While Loop
print("Even numbers between 1 to 100 using while loop") num = 2 while num <= 100: print(num) num += 2
The output of this program will be similar to the output shown for the above Python example.
Must check out Python code snippets:
- Python 3 Program to Find the Sum of Natural Numbers
- Python 3 Program To Find The Factorial Of A Number
- Python 3 Program to Find Largest Among Three Numbers
- Python 3 Program to Check Leap Year
- Python 3 Program To Check If Number Is Positive Or Negative
Hello Friends! I am Himanshu, a hobbyist programmer, tech enthusiast, and digital content creator.
With CodeItBro, my mission is to promote coding and help people from non-tech backgrounds to learn this modern-age skill!