Here we have compiled a list of the 7 best portable video splitter software for Windows. Joining and splitting videos can be complex; however, you might have to do it at various moments.
Using video splitting software, one can work efficiently with large-size video files. It helps you trim or cut a video in multiple parts without compromising the quality of the video.
For instance, if you find that the clip is big to upload to a social media platform, you can reduce it to a smaller one and then share it with your friends and family.
Also, the video might contain parts you don’t want to see or may contain advertisements, and you can remove them by using video splitting software frame by frame.
If you make the best use of video-splitting software, you’ll be able to play with your videos and audio, cut them up, and join them in high quality. In this article, we will talk about the 4 best free portable video splitter software for Windows.
Table of Contents
- How to Select Suitable Video Splitter Software?
- 7 Best Free Video Splitter Software for Windows
- 1. Bandicut Video Cutter
- 2. Winx Video Converter
- 3. SolveigMM Video Splitter
- 4. Format Factory
- 5. LosslessCut
- 6. Avidemux Portable
- 7. FFmpeg
How to Select Suitable Video Splitter Software?
Selecting a helpful video cutter software for your windows device takes time and effort. Seeking a video trimmer without quality loss is even more challenging as you have to edit the clips with numerous effects, aspect ratio, contrast, brightness, etc. These are the factors to consider when selecting the best video-splitting software.
1. Functions and User-Friendly Interface
You can overview the program you’re interested in and then review its features and pros and cons. Also, confirm that the software should support the functions you require. The program should have an easy and intuitive interface.
2. Supported formats and Lossless trim
Video is available in various formats, and it is essential to know the supported import and export formats. The more formats you can use, the more efficient software is. The ready video should have lossless trim.
3. Stability and Sharing options
Find out the tool’s reputation on the Internet and the user’s comments, reviews, and ratings. It will allow you to gather facts and information about the program. The software should offer diverse options for sharing.
Make sure you have freeware or paid software and ensure the cost is within your budget and your needs.
Also Read: 5 Best Truss Design Software For Windows
7 Best Free Video Splitter Software for Windows
This article provides four free video splitters that are fully featured and light video editing tools. Please continue reading to learn more about them, and choose the one that interests you the most. So, let’s get started.
1. Bandicut Video Cutter
Bandicut Video Cutter allows you to join/merge, trim or split video at high speed with excellent quality. It does not require re-encoding.
The user-friendly interface makes it easy to remove video ends, join multiple video files, split the video into multiple files, and extract MP3 from the clip without reducing quality. It’s a great tool for splitting video files in your next videography project.
- By using a slider, you can select the start and end times.
- It supports all popular video formats and splits a video into multiple equal files.
- It extracts audio tracks from a video and converts video files into MP4 format.
- High-Speed Mode does not affect the quality of the video.
- It trims the videos but preserves the original audio/video quality.
- It is possible to cut videos by frame precisely.
- It can remove unwanted parts from a video.
- You can join multiple video files quickly and adjust the playback speed.
Also Read: 5 Best DWF Viewer Software For Windows
2. Winx Video Converter
Winx Video Converter is an excellent choice for converting videos quickly from one format to another. It can be used to merge or split video and improve video quality.
With the support of the most popular formats, you can easily convert video from one format to another. Its image enhancement techniques can be used during conversion. These improvements will be visible and of high quality.
- It does not contain any adware.
- Video files can be converted to other formats, including those stored on your computer or online.
- You can remove any pixel lines from the original video.
- The built-in media player allows you to enhance the sound quality, add subtitles, crop parts of the audio, or reduce length.
- YouTube videos can be saved.
- This software is also helpful for editing HD videos. It allows you to grab music and videos in bulk from many social media sites.
3. SolveigMM Video Splitter
SolveigMM video splitter is a user-friendly and powerful video-splitting software that delivers fast, lossless video editing results.
This software is ideal for splitting sports/movie videos, family videos, and other similar content. SolveigMM Video Splitter can remove ads from TV shows and recorded movies, so you can watch movies uninterrupted.
You can also use it to edit videos with high accuracy, such as trimming, slicing, or merging audio. SolveigMM Video Splitter doesn’t re-encode the video during splitting to deliver the best performance.
- This software comes with innovative video editing features for data integrity.
- This software has beginning and end markers for easy fragmentation of videos.
- It supports multiple video and audio file formats.
- Different videos and audio files can be cut seamlessly.
- It comes with two different editing modes.
- Editing embedded and external subtitles are possible.
- Allows multiple audio track editing.
4. Format Factory
Format Factory is a free, ad-supported multimedia file converter that converts video, audio, and picture files. It can be used for personal or commercial purposes. You can change the file format and extension of an audio, video, image, or text file to make it run on another application or operating system.
It can also rip DVDs and CDs into other file formats and create .iso images. It can join multiple video files into one. Format Factory is an intuitive software that lets you convert various files into one format.
- Can convert multimedia formats.
- It features a built-in screen recorder.
- It comes with the ease of merging and splitting videos.
- Easy PDF conversion for editing.
- It supports video, audio, picture, and document files.
- The interface is smooth and comes in 62 different languages.
- It comes with a mobile version.
- The software allows for batch processing.
- It comes with a watermark or logo remover.
- It helps you to combine different files into one.
Also Read: 10 Best Video Editing Computers in 2023
LosslessCut is another free video splitter software for Windows. It offers a modern and intuitive interface to split audio and video files. It is a GUI for FFMPEG and offers fast lossless compression on the subtitle, audio, and video files.
Additional features of LosslessCut:
- Supports most audio and video formats for editing
- You can work efficiently with keyboard shortcuts
- Add labels to cut video segments
- The batch view so that you can work with multiple video files at once
- Split videos without losing or degrading original videos
6. Avidemux Portable
Avidemux is a free and open-source portable video splitter designed for basic video editing tasks, such as cutting, filtering, and encoding. The best part is that Avidemux is cross-platform.
The portable version of Avidemux allows you to run the application from a portable storage device, such as a USB flash drive, without having to install it on your computer.
To use Avidemux Portable, you will need to download the portable version of the software from the Avidemux website or a third-party website and then extract the files to your portable storage device.
Once the files are extracted, you can run the Avidemux executable from the portable storage device to launch the application.
Avidemux Portable is a lightweight, easy-to-use video editor suitable for basic video editing tasks. It has a simple user interface and a wide range of features, making it a good choice for beginners.
FFmpeg is a free, open-source software project with a library of programs for handling audio, video, and other multimedia files and streams.
You can use FFmpeg for format transcoding, basic editing (cutting and joining), video scaling, video post-production effects, and standards compliance (SMPTE, ITU).
FFmpeg is written in C and can be used on various platforms, including Linux, macOS, and Windows. It is a command-line tool, meaning you can use it from the terminal or command prompt.
FFmpeg is a powerful tool that you can use to perform a wide range of tasks, including:
- Extracting audio from video files
- Resizing or scaling video files
- Adding watermarks to video files
- Merging multiple audio or video files into a single file
- Cutting or trimming audio or video files
- Adding video post-production effects, such as fades and transitions
The above article clarifies what video trimming software is and what factors to consider when selecting the best video splitter program for your Windows device.
These four portable video editors can be used on your Windows device with a simple plug-and-play. You don’t need to install large files on your computer for video editing.
These video editors provide essential editing tools such as trimming, splitting, cropping videos, and transitions. These editors are ideal for both beginners and professionals.