Whether you’re looking to migrate to Oracle Cloud or upgrade from Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 11.X to EBS 12.X, you need to understand the importance of testing for business continuity.
The importance of testing can be understood because it requires at least three rounds of testing during EBS to Cloud migration.
Furthermore, only testing can ensure that your Oracle Apps will continue functioning as needed post-migration, your data will remain secure, and your Oracle Cloud environment is appropriately configured.
If upgrading to Oracle EBS 12.X, you must evaluate customizations, enhancements, modifications, localizations, and integrations (CEMLI). This can only be done with the help of testing.
Also Read: 5 Best Spongebob Voice-to-Text Speech Generator Tools
Why is testing critical for the proper functioning of Oracle EBS applications?
Oracle EBS is a complex and comprehensive enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that provides various business applications to manage different business processes.
Testing Oracle EBS is essential to ensure the system runs smoothly and error-free.
Also Read: 5 Best Free Dubstep Software For PC
Here are some steps to follow for testing Oracle EBS:
- Create test cases: Develop test cases to cover all the functionalities and business processes of Oracle EBS. Test cases should include input data, expected output, and the steps required to execute the test case.
- Create test data: Test data covering various scenarios, including regular and exceptional cases.
- Configure test environment: Create a separate test environment to test the Oracle EBS system without affecting the production environment.
- Perform functional testing: Execute the test cases and verify that the system meets the functional requirements.
- Perform performance testing: Test the system’s performance by simulating multiple users accessing the system simultaneously.
- Perform security testing: Test the system’s security by attempting to access the system with unauthorized access and verifying that the system’s security mechanisms are working correctly.
- Document test results: Report any defects or issues found during testing.
- Retest: Retest the system after any defects are fixed to ensure that the system is functioning correctly.
It’s also important to note that testing Oracle EBS is an ongoing process that should be performed regularly to ensure the system is always running smoothly.
Thus, manual testing isn’t considered a viable solution. It is highly recommended that you should bring in an Oracle EBS testing tool to automate testing.
Also Read: 6 Best Username Generators Based on Personality Types
Benefits of having a test automation tool
- Save time: EBS test automation tools can execute test cases much faster than manual testing, saving business users time. Thus, business users can focus on more critical jobs.
- Reusability: As it has already been stated that at least three rounds of regression testing are needed during Oracle Cloud migration, test automation tools allow testers to reuse test cases for regression testing, thus saving time and effort.
- Accuracy: Automation tools execute tests with precision and accuracy as they limit the involvement of humans. It reduces the chance of human errors that can occur during manual testing.
- Coverage: Automation tools can test a wide range of scenarios, including edge cases, that may be difficult to test manually, improving the overall testing coverage. Furthermore, automation tools consider more parameters in generating test cases that are humanly possible, thus ensuring adequate coverage.
- Cost-effective: Automation tools can be more cost-effective in the long run than manual testing. While there may be an initial investment in purchasing and setting up the tool, automated testing can help reduce the cost of testing over time.
- Scalability: Automation tools can handle many tests simultaneously, making it easier to scale testing efforts as the software system grows and changes.
Also Read: Fake Google Search Suggestion Generator: Foogle
In summary, test automation tools can help save time, increase efficiency, improve accuracy and consistency, provide better test coverage, and reduce the overall cost of testing.
Automation tools can also handle many tests simultaneously and are highly scalable, making them a valuable asset for software testing.
Hello Friends! I am Himanshu, a hobbyist programmer, tech enthusiast, and digital content creator.
With CodeItBro, my mission is to promote coding and help people from non-tech backgrounds to learn this modern-age skill!