In this tutorial, you will learn how to trim videos in Windows 11 without any app or software. Windows 11 offers many tools that will help you edit your videos. You can use some built-in apps or tools on Windows 11 to trim your videos.
To share your clip on any social media platform or for other use, you should change the aspect ratio of your video in landscape, vertical, or square format. You can also choose a portrait size and fit the footage in your frame. It is possible to adjust the edges to focus your video without re-shooting it.
Also Read: How To Make a Discord Server Public
Table of Contents
How to Trim Videos In Windows 11 Without Any App Or Software
Windows 11 is a smart operating system for video editing. You can edit and trim videos in Windows 11 without any software using the following two ways:
Method 1: Using the Windows Photos app
Using the Photos app is the simplest and quickest way to trim videos from Windows 11 device.
To trim videos on Windows 11 device with the Photos app, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on a video and navigate to Open With > Photos.
- To open the file using the Windows Photos app, click on Photos.
- Press Ctrl+E on your keyboard to start editing the video.
- Drag the end and start sliders from the trimmer window to trim the video. The trimmer will automatically create a blue area in the video.
- To save the trim, press Ctrl+S on your keyboard or click the Save a Copy option.
- You may need to wait a while before you can finish the task.
Also Read: How To Stop Autoplay on YouTube
Method 2: Using Online Tools
Online tools are a great way to edit and trim videos without giving up storage space on your computer. You can do basic edits and even add effects, music, subtitles, and color grade your videos with the help of these online tools.
Here are some of the popular online video editing tools you can use to edit videos without any app in Windows 11:
Also Read: How to Create a Neural Network in Python
Clipchamp helps trim videos, put animations, and export the final video. It is easy to use and the perfect way to make video clips on Windows 11 devices.
This web-based video editing software allows you to crop video footage without cost. For unlimited cloud storage and audio stock, you can upgrade to the paid plan starting at $9 per month. The free plan includes a watermark on the footage.
Follow the below-given steps for editing:
- Start by clicking Create a video at the top right corner.
- To load the video you wish to crop, click the + button at the top left. Drag and drop the video file directly from your computer, dropbox, or google drive.
- Drag the file to be cropped into the timeline.
- You can click the Crop icon near the preview window to change the aspect ratio. This includes widescreen, i.e., for Facebook and YouTube 16:9; for Pinterest and Facebook feeds 2:3; for films and block banners 21:9; for social feeds 4:5 and mobile story and IGTV 9:16. You can also customize and crop the Windows 11 video frame.
- You can also trim, apply effects, or split videos.
- After cutting your video in Windows 11, click on the export button at the top right corner. Choose the MP4 quality and export the file in 480p,720p, or 1080p HD.
- Depending on the resolution and video size, the rendering process may take some time.
- You can save the video to your device or choose a cloud service to upload it.
Also Read: How to Fix Invalid Syntax Error in Python
Ezgif is an online video editing tool that can trim MP4, AVI, and MOV videos. You can manually enter the desired left/top starting points and dimensions and change the aspect ratio to 4:3, 16:9, 3:2, or square.
It can crop, trim, cut, merge multiple clips into one longer video, flip and mirror videos, add audio and text to backgrounds and apply filters and transitions. It also allows you to make GIFs, convert video to GIF or PNG, JPG, and resize video.
Follow the below-given steps for editing:
- To upload a video, drag and drop it to the processing panel, which will take a few seconds.
Crop your video file.
- Use the graphical crop tool to select an area. You can also set the width, height, and top dimensions. You can also set the aspect ratio to the golden ratio, 4:3, 16:9, 3:2, 2:1, 1:2, or square.
- You can choose an output format or keep it the original. Click the button Crop video.
Also Read: How to find an iPhone backup location on Mac
Clideo is an online video editing tool that is very easy to use. It will complete cropping video files within minutes. Clideo supports all video formats, including MP4, MOV, MPG, WMV, and others. It also prepares for four default video sizes, i.e., square, 1:1, 5:4, 16:9, and 9:16.
- Upload the video that you wish to crop. Depending on size and internet speed, uploading a video file can take a while.
- You can crop the desired aspect ratio. You can choose the area you want to crop and adjust the size. You can also set the video size to 1:1 for Instagram. For YouTube sharing, you can change it to 16:9, 9:16 for Instagram Story, and make it 5:4 for Facebook.
- Once you have set the aspect ratio, click the Export button to choose the desired format. If you’re using the free edition, a watermark will be at the bottom of the cropped video. The watermark can be removed by upgrading to the premium edition.
Also Read: How to Unsave All Posts On Instagram At Once
Windows 11 improves browser response time, making browser-based online video editors a great option for Windows 11. Online video editors are also very efficient and don’t require a lot of storage space or CPU.
You can edit and crop videos in Windows 11 using the above methods without downloading any third-party software or apps. We hope you found the article to be insightful. Please make sure that you share it with everyone.