Who hasn’t heard of Google Docs? It’s a free online word processor that allows us to create documents and spreadsheets, edit them, and store them online. Most of the content you read on the internet was most likely created using the Google Docs platform. The post you’re reading right now was created using Google Docs.
It is used professionally and personally, but what if I tell you there’s a way to make your content more engaging and unique. As you may already know, Google Docs documents typically have a white background for every page, which makes them somewhat dull.
A document’s background color dramatically enhances the readers’ reliability and attention. Google Docs already has a built-in option that allows you to customize the settings of the Page color entirely.
Also Read: How to Send an eCard on Gmail [500+ Templates]
So, let us discuss how you can change your background color on Google Docs across multiple platforms.
How To Change Page Color On Google Docs On A PC
Google Docs is most popular on the desktop platform. However, there is no specific application for it; instead, Google Docs is accessed via the official website docs.google.com on desktop computers. You’ll need to take the following steps to change the page color of your document.
- Open an already created Google doc or create a new one by visiting the official website mentioned above.
- Once you’ve opened a doc, on the top left corner of your screen, click on the “File” option.
- There, you’ll see a plethora of options. Select the “Page Setup” option.
Also Read: How to Change the Default Alarm Sound on iPhone 
- It’ll open a customization window where you can select your desired color from the current list of color options.
- After choosing your desired color, click “Ok” to add that specific color to that file.
- You can also set a color as your default, meaning Google Docs will add it to every file you create. Select the “Set as default” option from the Page setup window.
Also Read: How to Fix Mobile Hotspot Connected But No Internet on Android
Selecting A Custom Color For A Page On Google Docs
Apart from all the existing colors in the customization menu, you can also create your background colors. It is possible by using the Custom option. Here’s how you can do this:
- Click on Custom in the Page Setup menu to get a specific color.
- You can enter the Hex value or use the Hue and shade the given area to pick the exact color.
- After doing that, finally, click OK.
Once done, it will apply your custom-made color as the selected page background. Also, you can add the custom color you’ve just created to the palette for further usage.
Also Read: How to Reduce the PDF File Size on Mac
Change Page Color On Google Docs On An Android Device
After desktops, Android is the biggest platform for using Google Docs. You can also change the background color on your Google Docs on Android devices. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open the Google Docs application on your Android device. Create a new document or open an existing one.
- There’ll be an icon resembling three dots on the upper right corner of your screen; click on that.
- There, select the Page Setup option.
Also Read: How to Get Song Lyrics on YouTube Music
- In-Page setup, select “Page Color.”
- Now you can finally choose a color from the widely available options.
- When you select a color, a new window will appear, asking you to select the shade of the color choices.
- Exit the Page Setup option; your edits will automatically apply as you leave.
- You must know that you cannot fine-tune your choices or apply HEX color codes on Android devices.
Also Read: How To Insert Checkbox in MS Word
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you make an image of the background in Google Docs?
If you’re wondering if you could set an image as the background in Google
Docs, Yes. To achieve this, insert the image and format it as Behind text. Drag it into its correct place.
Also Read: How to Convert HEIC to JPG in Windows
Will the background color I selected be Printed on My Pages?
Yes, the printed file will have the same background color as the digital document. However, if that color does not exactly match, you should adjust your computer’s display color.
Google Docs is an essential component for users and creators to write, edit, and design things as per their needs. Adding a background color to the page is a perfect idea to make things more exciting and unique.
This article discussed how you could change page color on Google Docs on the Desktop and the Android platform. We hope that you found this article helpful.
- How To Insert Bar Charts in the Excel
- How To Change The Name Of A Facebook Group
- How to Add Audio to Google Slides
- How to See Links You Have Clicked On Instagram
- How To Create Dancing Photos From Still Photo
Hello Friends! I am Himanshu, a hobbyist programmer, tech enthusiast, and digital content creator.
With CodeItBro, my mission is to promote coding and help people from non-tech backgrounds to learn this modern-age skill!