In this article, you’ll learn how to change the name of a Facebook group. Facebook has been the most popular social media network globally for more than a decade, but not anymore. People are rapidly migrating to other social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Facebook groups are one thing that is keeping youngsters still hooked to the platform as it gives them a space to collaborate with like-minded people. Instagram and Twitter do not have any such feature.
Also Read: How to Add Audio to Google Slides
More than 100 million people use Facebook groups. Many brands are also using Facebook groups to form a dedicated community around their brand or service. The implications of Facebook groups are endless.
You might want to change the name of a Facebook group for various reasons. Maybe the group’s purpose has changed, or whatever the reason, you are at the right place for that. So without further ado, let’s begin with our article!
Table of Contents
How To Change The Name Of A Facebook Group
Changing a Facebook group on a computer or your smartphone is as easy as it gets, but there are a few requirements to fulfill before you can do so. Firstly, you should be the admin of the Facebook group you want to change the name.
Secondly, the group should not have more than 5000 members. If a Facebook group has more than 5000 members, there is no way you can change the name for that group, as Facebook does not allow this.
Follow these steps to change the name of a Facebook group on your computer:
1. Visit Facebook.com; select open Groups from the left pane on the homepage.
Also Read: How To Create a Table in Google Docs
2. In the groups’ section, look for the Facebook group you want to change the name for and click on it.
3. On the group page, look for Group settings in the left pane.
Also Read: How To Reverse an Image [5 Easy Methods]
4. Now, in the Set Up Group section, click on the edit icon near the name and description option.
5. Now, you can type in a new name for your Facebook group and click on save to save the new name.
Also Read: How To Insert GIFs In Google Slides
Let’s now look at how to change the Facebook Group name on Facebook App.
Change Facebook Group Name On Facebook App
Facebook App is more widely used to manage Facebook groups as the app is easy to use, and you can access your smartphone more quickly than your computer and everywhere. Let’s look at the steps to change a Facebook Group name on the Facebook app:
1. Open The Facebook App and then open the triple line menu from the top right.
2. Then, select the Groups option below your profile name in the menu.
3. Now, in the groups you manage section, select the group you want to change the name for.
4. On the group homepage, click on the shield icon in the top right corner, then open settings by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner.
5. Now, click on the name and description in the basic group info section in settings.
6. You can change the group name and description and click on the Save button in the top-right corner to approve the changes.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Can I Change A Facebook Group Name After 5000 Members?
You cannot change a Facebook Group name after achieving 5000 members; Facebook does not allow you to change it as group names are a part of the member’s identity.
Changing the group names can cause large-scale confusion for the members. Facebook also wants to prevent group admins from exercising excessive control as groups are communities run by members.
Can A Group Moderator Change Facebook Group Name?
A Facebook group moderator cannot change the group name as the privileges are only limited to group admins.
Moderators of Facebook groups can only approve posts, delete them, approve membership requests, ban or temporarily restrict members and do some other functions.
This was all for our article on how to change the name of a Facebook group. Facebook group is an excellent tool for forming a community and meeting new people on the internet.
As a group admin, one should take due note of all that happens in the group and prevent anything that spoils the experience of other members of the group. We hope you liked the article. Please make sure you share this with everyone.
Other related tutorials: