This post was last Updated on by Himanshu Tyagi to reflect the accuracy and up-to-date information on the page.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to block a group on Facebook. If you want to clean your Facebook News Feed and get rid of annoying group notifications, you are on the right page.
Follow the simple steps in this tutorial to block or unfollow a Facebook group on a PC, Mac, or smartphone.
When you join a Facebook group, you start seeing group member’s posts on your feed. Also, you start getting notifications of your interaction with other group members.
After you have joined various groups, it becomes overwhelming to manage everything. So, in this scenario, the best thing to do is to clean your timeline by unfollowing or leaving a group.
In this guide, I will share what happens when you unfollow or leave a Facebook group and the best way to block a Facebook group.
What happens when you block a group on Facebook
Facebook Groups are communities of like-minded people who interact with each other. You can join a Facebook Group on any topic.
The best part is that they are free to join and you can make good friends. However, if you join too many groups, then chances are that your Facebook feed is flooded with group members’ posts.
When you block a group on Facebook, you will not get any notifications and see group members’ posts on your feed.
However, you can still view the group and interact with its members.
How to block a group on Facebook
You have two options to block a Facebook group: unfollow or leave. Let’s explore each method.
Method 1: Unfollowing a Facebook Group
When you unfollow a Facebook group, you won’t see any of its posts on your feed. However, you can still view the group and engage with its members.
Apart from that, you can also mute notifications to block a group on Facebook.
A. On the PC or Mac
Follow these simple steps on your PC or Mac:
1. Open Facebook and log in to your account.
2. Search for the group you want to block using the Search functionality and click on its name.
3. If you don’t find the group name in the search results, click the Search button, which will take you to the search results page.
4. Once you find the group in the search results, click on its name to view its homepage. Now, click the “Joined” button below the group’s name.
5. Click on the “Unfollow” button.
6. Now, click on the “Manage notifications” option.
7. In the next step, let’s turn off group notifications. For this, click on the “Off” button.
At last, click on the “Save” button, and congrats! You have successfully unfollowed a group.
Remember, you can still access this group and connect with its members.
Also Read: How To Change The Name Of A Facebook Group
B. On Facebook mobile app
Let’s now see how to block a Facebook group using the FB app.
1. Open the Facebook app and log in to your account.
2. Tap on the “Search” icon at the top-right of the screen.
3. Choose the Facebook group you want to unfollow from the results.
4. Next, tap on the “Joined” button.
5. Now, choose the “Unfollow group” option.
6. Enable the “Off” option in all three sections, as shown below.
Congrats! You have now successfully disabled in-app group notifications, push notifications, and batch mentions.
In this way, you can block a FB group without leaving it. Now, you won’t see the group feed on your News feed and notifications from the group.
Method 2: Blocking a Facebook Group
To block a FB group, you should leave it. You should use this method to permanently block a group until you choose to join it again.
Remember, you will be removed as a participant after leaving a group. You will not be able to post or comment. With that in mind, let’s now see the detailed steps.
A. On the PC or Mac
If you find a group unhelpful or become disinterested, then you can follow these steps to block a Facebook group.
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Search for the Facebook group.
3. In the search results, click on the Facebook group name.
4. Click the “Joined” button below the group’s name.
5. After that, choose the “Leave group” option.
6. Click on the “Leave Group” button on the dialog box that appears.
That’s all. You have left the group and won’t be bugged by the group feed anymore.
Also Read: 5 Best Fake Twitter Followers Audit Websites
B. On Facebook mobile app
If you are on the Facebook mobile app, follow these steps to leave a group.
1. Open the Facebook app and tap on the Search icon.
2. Now, search for the group you want to leave.
If you don’t find the group in the instant search results, choose the “See results” option at the bottom.
3. Switch to the “Groups” tab and scroll down to find your group. Once done, tap on the Group name.
4. Tap on the “Joined” button.
5. Choose the “Leave group” option.
6. Confirm leaving your Facebook group by tapping the “LEAVE GROUP” option.
That’s it! You have now successfully left the group. Now, you won’t see group posts or engage with other members.
In this tutorial, I shared how to block a Facebook group. You can do this either by unfollowing or leaving a group.
If you want to block an FB group completely, I suggest you leave the group. But, if you want to frequently or often interact with group members, then you can clear the clutter by unfollowing the group.
Follow the simple steps in this tutorial to clean your Facebook Feed and get rid of annoying group notifications.