Here you will find a list of the 10 best Python frameworks for web development. Python is on the rise, and the demand is only expected to grow, with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. Python is likely to surpass Java and C# in the future, indicating much more to come for this language.
Developers can use the framework’s ready-made components instead of writing equivalent code for each project. Not only does this save time and money, but it also reduces time-to-market.
Frameworks reduce development time by automating duplicate operations, allowing developers to focus on application logic rather than routine parts.
Table of Contents
10 Best Python Frameworks for Web Development
Every framework has its key features. As a result, the decision must be made based on the project’s requirements and the developer’s preferences. Here is the list of the top 10 Python frameworks for web development.
Pyramid’s popularity is steadily increasing as the majority of seasoned developers are embracing it. This framework allows users to create simple web applications using a minimalistic approach, as it is pretty flexible.
You may use Pyramid for both simple and complex applications. Because of its transparency and quality, it is one of the best web frameworks among Python users. Mozilla, Yelp, Dropbox, and SurveyMonkey are among the tech giants that have used this framework extensively.
- Ability to execute both small and large apps efficiently
- Validation and creation of HTML structures
- Testing, customer service, and detailed data documentation
- Authentication and approval are flexible
Django is a free and open-source Python framework for web development that allows programmers to create sophisticated code and apps swiftly. The Django framework aids in the creation of high-quality web applications.
It is one of the most excellent Python frameworks used to construct APIs and web applications quickly. The Django framework has been used to create over 12,000 projects. It’s also one of the more established Python frameworks for web development.
- Assists you in defining patterns for your app’s URLs.
- Built-in authentication system.
- A simple but effective URL system.
- A database designed in the object-oriented programming language that provides the best data recovery and storage.
- The automatic admin interface feature allows you to customize the editing, adding, and deleting of items.
Falcon is another commonly used Python framework for web development that is aimed at quickly constructing web APIs. It helps developers create a cleaner design that supports HTTP and REST architectures, unlike other Python frameworks that require loading many dependencies to build HTTP APIs.
According to a Sanic benchmark test, Falcon can handle more requests with the same hardware as its competitors. LinkedIn, OpenStack, and RackSpace are among the well-known companies that this Python framework.
- A code base that is both extendable and well optimized.
- Requests are processed in a DRY manner using middleware components and hooks.
- With Cython support, you’ll get an extra speed boost.
- Resource classes and URI templates inspired by REST provide simple routing.
- WSGI helpers and mocks are used for unit testing.
Also Read: How To Create Keylogger In Python
CherryPy is extremely fast and stable. It’s a free Python web development framework with a built-in multi-hung server. You can execute it on any Python-compatible framework.
CherryPy allows programmers to create web apps in the same way they would any other object-oriented Python program. As a result, a minor source code is developed in less time.
- A WSGI thread-pooled webserver that is consistent and HTTP/1.1 compatible.
- It supports Python 2.7, 3.5, PyPy, Jython, and Android.
- Encoding, sessions, caching, authentication, static content, and many other features are all built-in.
- Sophisticated configuration system
- Built-in support for coverage, testing, and profiling.
The next in our list of Python frameworks for web development is Flask. It uses the Werkzeug WSGI toolkit and the Jinja2 template. Its primary purpose is to assist in the development of a robust web application foundation.
In Flask, you can customize the Python backend framework in any way. LinkedIn and Pinterest are among the companies that have employed Flask. Flask is better suited for small and simple projects. You can use it for web server development, Google App Engine support, and in-built unit testing.
- Integrated debugger and development server.
- Request dispatching through RESTful API.
- Support for integrated unit testing.
- It uses Jinja2 templating.
- Fully compliant with WSGI 1.0.
Microframework Dash is a Python-based open-source framework for creating analytical web apps. It’s an excellent Python framework for data scientists who aren’t familiar with web programming.
Dash apps are cross-platform and mobile-ready since they are rendered in a web browser and distributed to servers.
- To get started with Dash apps, you only need a small amount of boilerplate code.
- Error correction (Dash Deployment Server)
- Offer high-end customization.
- Integration with LDAP (Dash Deployment Server)
- Support for plugins.
- Dropdowns, graphs, and sliders are all tied together with a simple interface.
Giotto is based on the Model View Controller architecture and is a full-stack Python framework for web development.
Additionally, it isolates Controller parts, View, and Model to allow system administrators, web developers, and web designers to work independently.
Furthermore, Giotto comes with several controller modules that let users build programs on top of the web, IRC (Internet Relay Chat), and the command line.
- Automatic routing of URLs.
- SQLAlchemy provides database persistence.
- Extremely concise code.
- CRUD patterns that work.
- Models and perspectives that are generic.
- Built-in cache with Memcache and Redis.
- HTML templates with Jinja2.
- Multiple controllers that can be plugged in.
The Grok framework is a web framework built with the Zope toolkit. It focuses on two fundamental principles: convention over configuration and DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself) to provide developers with an agile development experience.
- Provides a solid base for building robust and adaptable web applications.
- Allows web developers to take advantage of Zope 3’s capability.
- It is a robust object database for storage.
- Integrated security to protect your application and provide access to specific users.
- Its component architecture aids developers in reducing development uncertainty.
- Provides the necessary building blocks and other elements to create unique web apps for corporate needs.
Pylons Framework is a Python-based open-source Web application framework. It heavily relies on the Web Server Gateway Standard to allow reusability and partition functionality into different modules.
The best part is that Pylons provides a scalable, lightweight framework for developing modern online applications based on a clean design and loosely connected components. It presents everything needed to build effective Web sites and Web apps.
- Validation and creation of HTML forms
- URL dispatch
- Templating based on text
- WebHelpers-based URL mapping depending on route settings
The last on our list of Python frameworks for web development is CubicWeb. It is a free-to-use, semantic, open-source, Python-based web framework developed and curated by Logilab.
CubicWeb calls out for a defined data model to construct a working application based on it. It uses cube in place of other popular Python frameworks that use separate models and views.
- RDF (Resource Description Framework) and OWL (Web Ontology Language) are both supported.
- It consists of parts that you can reuse.
- Contains security workflows
- Multiple database support is available.
Also Read: 35 Funny And Best Python Programming Memes
With this, we sum up our list of the 10 best Python frameworks for web development. Every web development framework has its pros and cons. As a Python developer, you should make the right choice based on the task in front of you. Additionally, all of these web frameworks require medium to advanced knowledge of Python. If you are just getting started, you should check out this basic tutorial or grab any of these books.