Here you will discover the 5 best GIF overlay websites. Using these websites, you can quickly overlay any image to a GIF.
Still images are boring at times, so GIF images have become popular among many computer users. Images are required for many purposes. For example, some people need images for their websites or blogs.
Instead of using still images, GIFs can enhance websites, blogs, social media posts, etc. The big question is how to create the GIF images? For GIF overlay, you can use some online tools.
Most online GIF creator tools are free, though there are some premium tools too. Some of these free or premium tools offer GIF overlay features.
Also Read: 5 Best Online Transparent GIF Maker Websites
Table of Contents
5 Best GIF Overlay Websites
What is GIF overlay? How does it work? Overlay image over GIF is a process to add watermark on the GIF files. Nevertheless, you can add a still image on the animated GIF background.
For creating such image overlay GIF files, you need to find a GIF editor that comes with such a feature. In the following section, some of the best tools for image overlay on GIF have been listed. Find the most highlighting features of these tools.
Let’s now explore these best GIF overlay tools.
EZGIF is one of the oldest online tools for creating GIF files and overlay images on GIFs. Users can deploy the tool for creating GIFs from images and videos. Nevertheless, you can also edit your existing GIF through this tool.
Some of the critical features of this tool are:
- You can upload and split the existing GIF on your computer. It will save each frame of your GIF file in separate JPG and PNG file formats.
- From an existing GIF, you can remove the unwanted part. You can optimize, edit, and cut the length of your current GIF.
- After creating a GIF through image overlaying, you can decide the animation speed. Multiple options for customizing animation speed are there.
Some positive things about the EZGIF are no watermarks, zero subscription, and high-quality GIF developing features. The major drawback is the old and basic interface of the tool. Once you create a GIF after overlaying the image on the GIF background, you should download the file. There is no option for saving the GIF online.
If you are looking for a reliable, simple, and feature-rich online tool for creating GIF files, ImgFlip is the best tool. Using this tool, you can upload an image on an animated GIF background. Apart from images, you can add texts and watermarks to the GIF. Some of the key features of the tool are discussed in the following section.
- ImgFlip offers a user-friendly interface. Users can create GIFs with images, videos, video URLs, GIF URLs, etc.
- The tool offers a feature to change the height, width, and resolution of the GIFs. You can easily adjust the speed of animation.
- After finishing the GIF overlay process, users can download the files on their local computer. You can also share the GIFs on your social media platforms, blogs, etc.
ImgFlip is a free online tool, though it has a premium version too. The premium version, known as ImgFlip Pro, offers more custom settings for creating GIFs. Nevertheless, the free version has a default watermark, while the premium version does not come with watermarks.
Kapwing is another online GIF editor tool, which one can use to overlay images on a GIF file. The website has arrays of tools and features for the users.
These features and tools ensure quick and easy image overlay on GIF files. Using the website, one can add filters, texts, images, and watermarks to the GIF files. For adding an image to the GIF, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to upload the GIF file on the tool interface from your local drive. One can also provide the URL of the GIF to upload it on the tool.
- The next step is adding an image to the GIF background. If you have the image in PNG format with a transparent background, it will take only a few seconds to create the GIF overlay.
- If you do not have the PNG image, make sure that you use an image with white background for the overlay process. Using an overlay filter will remove the white background. Thus, the image will look naturally placed on the GIF background.
- You can rotate and resize the image as per your requirements. When you are done with the editing process, save and download the file.
Also Read: 6 Best Free Spacebar Speed Test Websites
4. OIE – Online Image Editor
OIE (Online Image Editor) is a free tool for editing images and creating animated GIF files. You can upload images and obtain an animated GIF file. At the same time, you can add photos and texts to the existing GIF file.
There are two ways of obtaining image overlay on a GIF background with this tool. You can select and upload the GIF image on the virtual interface or dashboard of the tool. Alternatively, you can use the readymade GIF files of the tool.
Select the GIF and upload your image to place on the GIF background. For using the tool, no registration and login are required. So, anyone can use the tool for overlaying photos on the predefined GIF background.
Gifntext is a free online tool for editing GIF files and overlaying images on GIFs. You can upload a GIF file from your computer drive. After uploading the GIF file, users can add pictures over the file.
This free online tool offers the following features:
- You can add moving images to the GIF.
- It also lets you add moving texts to the GIF.
- Users can easily customize the text color and size on the GIF.
- After adding an image to the GIF, you can resize the image as per your requirement.
Apart from these text and image overlay features on the GIF files, the tool offers many other GIF editing options. One can reverse and resize a GIF. Users can speed up and slow down the GIF too.
With these GIF overlay websites, you can quickly add photos to any GIF file within a few seconds. All you have to do is upload your GIF and the picture you would like to overlay, and these online tools will do the job on the fly. And at last, you can choose to save the edited GIF on your PC.
My favorites from the list are Kapwing, EZGif, and Gifntext.