A “gif color changer” is a tool or program that allows you to change the colors of a GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) file. This can be useful for modifying an existing GIF to match the color scheme of a website better or to make the colors more vibrant.
Select the GIF file you want to modify to use a gif color changer. Then, you can choose which colors you want to change and what the new colors should be. The gif color changer will create a new GIF version with the modified colors.
Some popular options include GIMP, Adobe Photoshop, and online tools like EZGIF.com and gifs.com. Using a gif color changer is typically a simple process, and many of these tools offer user-friendly interfaces that make it easy to change the colors of a GIF.
Also Read: 12 Best Free GIF Meme Maker Websites
3 Best GIF Color Changer Websites
Have you ever felt the need to change the color of a GIF online or modify its background color? The good news is that after creating a GIF, its appearance is not locked, and various websites and online applications can enable you to change its colors quickly and effortlessly.
In this article, we will explore 3 GIF color changer websites that you can use immediately to change the colors of your favorite GIF.
Also Read: 5 Best Scrolling Text GIF Generator Websites
This viral and widely used GIF tool helps you create / Edit GIF animations and convert them to other formats. It provides extensive options to crop, rotate, reverse, split, resizes GIFs, and apply filters and effects.
EZGIF is also very useful in applying color presets like Grayscale, Sepia, Tint, Negative, etc., to GIF files. Additionally, you can change the background color of the GIF animation, replace it with transparency, and colorize the GIF by offering adjustments to its Hue, Saturation, and Lightness (HSL).
The following are the steps involved in this process
1. Navigate to EZGIF by clicking on this link and on ‘Effects.’
2. Click on ‘Choose file’ and upload a GIF file from your system or paste its URL if it is available on some website.
Also Read: 3 Best Boomerang GIF Maker Websites
3. Select the respective checkbox to apply the color presets. Alternatively, adjust the sliders to modify the GIF file’s HSL values and the Brightness and Contrast.
4. To apply a particular filter, you can enable any specific checkbox.
5. Click on the ‘Apply selected’ button at the bottom of the page to apply the changes and view them in real-time.
Also Read: 14 Best Webp to GIF Converter Online Tools and Software
6. To download the modified GIF file, click on the ‘Save’ icon.
Lunapic is another famous and professional online image editor offering great support for PNG, JPG, GIF, and other image files. It comprises numerous editing tools for modifying and resizing GIF files and altering their color, making the background transparent, applying Blur, and more.
Also Read: 5 Best GIF Overlay Websites To Add Images On GIFs
Lunapic allows you to change the GIF color to black and white, Retro Vintage, Sepia tone, Neon lines, and more. The following steps detail the procedure for the same:
1. Visit Lunapic by clicking on this link and then clicking on ‘Upload’ at the top left of the page to upload the GIF file you desire to recolor.
2. Click on ‘Filters’ in the menu at the top and then select any filter you wish to apply, such as Black and White, Rainbow, Negative, etc. Once this step is done, you can use the slider to adjust the intensity of the applied Filter.
3. To save the GIF file in your local system, right-click on the GIF and then click on the “Save image as” option.
Also Read: 5 Best Online Transparent GIF Maker Websites
3. Online GIF Tools
This is the final GIF color tool we will explore in this article. It boasts a good collection of tools for editing GIFs, including those that recolor the GIF, change its background color, reverse/convert GIFs, Compress GIF files, and many more.
Also Read: 4 Best GIF Speed Changer Websites [Speed Up Animated GIFs]
The steps below explain the procedure to recolor the GIF:
1. Click here to navigate to Online GIF Tools.
2. Click on ‘Convert a GIF to Grayscale. Drag and drop the GIF file into the box for the original GIF, and the output GIF will be immediately displayed in real time.
3. You can change the Average / Custom intensity etc., using the ‘Grayscale GIF maker options’ below the image display.
4. To download the GIF file, click “Save as” and then click ‘Download and save it in your local system.
5. Additionally, you can click on ‘Fill a Transparent GIF’ on the main page to fill the transparent regions of a GIF file with selected solid colors.
Also Read: 5 Best Meme Finder Search Engine Websites
You can try all the tools above for recoloring GIFs online and decide carefully which one suits your purpose. My choice will be the first website we explored above, like EZGIF, to recolor GIF files because the wide-ranging tools and features it provides are remarkable to get the job done. Please let us know your feelings about the websites we have listed above.
Hello Friends! I am Himanshu, a hobbyist programmer, tech enthusiast, and digital content creator.
With CodeItBro, my mission is to promote coding and help people from non-tech backgrounds to learn this modern-age skill!