Here you will find a list of the 4 best gambrel roof calculator websites. A gambrel roof is a symmetrical two-sided roof that has two slopes on each side. The lower slope is steep, while the upper slope has a shallow angle.
In this article, we will be sharing with you four websites where you will be able to check dimensions for sweep angle, rafter length, roof area, upper and lower rafter angles, roof rafters, and other details.
Based on the gambrel roof framing calculator website you’re using, you can enter input details like rafter thickness, wall width, rafter width, building length, house wall height, gable overhang, lower slope length, etc., and then you can calculate the result.
Table of Contents
4 Best Gambrel Roof Calculator Websites
Few of these websites also provide you with an output diagram and sample diagram to understand the gambrel roof framing calculation. So let’s know more about these gambrel roof calculator websites.
1. Gambrel Roof Calculator
This free website provides users with the amount and square of the under-laying materials and roofing ones, the quantity of roof boarding and rafters, and the roof’s square. The materials that you choose for your roof will depend upon your preference and budget.
You will have options to choose from, like metal sheet, tile, and slate. You can also select rolled roofing materials like bituminous slate, shingles, etc.
This free online gambrel roof calculator estimates:
- The total area of the roof surface, including the length of each eave.
- The total square area of the mansard excluding space under the side slopes.
- Amount of the materials required for the rafter system.
- Quantity of rafters needed for the whole structure.
- Total amount and square of the roofing materials like tile, metal, slate, etc.
- Amount of the roof boarding rows in line with the specified parameters of the roof
- Quantity of the boards needed for the roof boarding of the whole structure.
- The total area of the under-laying materials taking into account the overlap.
- Truss design
The website helps you calculate approximate price and costs by finding the amount of gambrel roofing materials needed.
This gambrel roof calculator will allow you to quickly get all the required design parameters for this type of roof.
You don’t need deep knowledge of calculating the amount of material required for a roof; you can use the algorithm developed by programmers of this website. It takes into account all the nuances that may arise during the designing process of a gambrel roof.
This roofing calculator will allow you to plan the whole construction process properly, help to resolve all issues related to the reliability of the roof system and roof structure in general.
This online gambrel roof framing calculator uses equal angles between the base of the roof, sides, and end slopes. You will be required to fill in specific primary dimensions like:
- Linear features of the building – length, width, wall parameters.
- The roof’s dimensions- width and length of the base, desired height, the size of overhangs.
- Data for calculating rafters of a hip roof and battens – width, thickness, and angles.
- The settings of sheeting – OSB board, are only for soft types of roof.
- Roofing sheets and information on roofing underlayment.
After you enter these numbers, hit “Calculate.” This gambrel roof framing calculator will provide you with the following information:
- Calculation of the roof with a detailed drawing of the whole structure in general and final data.
- The sizes of all the rafters of the roof separately, like slope, diagonal, etc.
- The calculation of counter-battens and roof battens.
- Calculation of inferior purlins or wall plates in a detailed final drawing.
- The total volume of lumber for the rafters and batons.
- Drawings of all types of rafters separately.
- The hip roof layout diagram.
- Drawings of the complete framing system from different angles.
- Interactive 3D model of the roof for clarity.
Also Read: 15 Best Keyboards for Programming and Coding
Spikevm is a handy gambrel roof calculator, which calculates the square footage of a gambrel roof.
Understanding the basics provides a sample diagram of upper pitch, lower pitch, and other parts of a gambrel roof. You can take some time to view it and then proceed to start with your calculation.
You can provide the following inputs:
- Building length
- Gable overhang
- Lower roof pitch
- Upper roof pitch
- Eaves overhang
- Building width, etc
When you click on the ‘Calculate’ button, it will show the result. The output will contain a lower roof angle, root area in square feet, upper roof angle, and lower and upper slope percentage.
This gambrel roof calculator’s unique feature is the animated diagram option. If you change the sweep angle and scale for the roof with the help of sliders, Blocklayer will change the diagram accordingly.
To calculate gambrel roof frame structure, you can provide input details like sweep angle, wall width, purlin thickness, rafter depth, ridge thick, overhang, gussets, etc.
Once it is done, you can get the output diagram that will show the dimensions for the gambrel roof structure. Lower rafter and upper rafter angles will also be visible in separate charts.
With this, we sum up our list of the 4 best gambrel roof calculator websites. You can use these online calculators to determine dimensions for upper and lower rafter angles, rater length, roof rater, roof area, etc. My favorites from the list are Gambrel Roof Calculator and Blocklayer, as they offer a very user-friendly and intuitive interface.
Also Read: 6 Best Free Spacebar Speed Test Websites