Are you looking for some of the best free soundboard software for Windows? If yes, you have landed on the right page as here we have compiled a list of the 6 best free soundboard applications that run smoothly on the Windows operating system.
Soundboard is a physical and virtual device in which you can add custom sounds or beats that you can play at any time. These devices especially come in handy for streamers as they react to content by playing unique sounds.
A physical soundboard device is also costly and only stores a limited number of sounds. It’s better to use virtual soundboard software to store many custom sounds and play them from their interfaces.
Some of these software also lets you assign hotkeys with different sounds so that you can trigger an intended sound without launching their interfaces.
Also Read: 15 Best Free International Calling Apps .
Table of Contents
- 6 Best Free Soundboard Software For Windows
- 1. EXP Soundboard
- 2. Jingle Palette
- 3. Mixere
- 4. Soundboard
- 5. Silica Interactive SoundBoard
- 6. Sensory Sound Board
6 Best Free Soundboard Software For Windows
These soundboard software are relatively easy to configure as users need to select soundboard buttons and attach a sound. You don’t even need to configure sounds in some software as they come with prebuilt sounds that you may or may not change depending on the software.
Most of the free soundboard software on this list supports limited audio formats such as MP3, WAV, OGG, and many others. Thus users need to make sure the audio file they want to add should be compatible with the soundboard software.
These software are pretty capable and offers all the essential features you expect from a soundboard. Go through the list to know more about these easy-to-use free soundboard Windows software.
Also Read: 6 Best SNMP Manager Software For Windows 10
1. EXP Soundboard
EXP Soundboard is a free, open-source soundboard software for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Using this software, you can set up a virtual soundboard by adding sound clips and assigning a hotkey to each added sound clip. Using a hotkey, you can trigger a sound clip associated with the hotkey. Along with sound clips, you can also add a microphone feed in this software to add your voice that you can later trigger through a hotkey. Now, check out the main features of this soundboard software.
- Add: Using it, you can add new sound clips of MP3 and WAV formats and assign hotkeys to them.
- Two Outputs: This soundboard software can generate two separate sound streams for speakers and the virtual audio cable.
- Audio Levels: Using this feature, you can manually adjust primary and secondary output gain along with input microphone injector grain according to your requirements.
- This software offers an inbuilt audio converter to convert audio files of various formats to MP2 and WAV audio formats.
It is a good soundboard software that users can easily set up and switch between various sounds using hotkeys.
Also Read: 4 Best Online Rebus Puzzle Maker Websites.
2. Jingle Palette
Jingle Palette is another free, open-source soundboard software for Windows. This software is designed to play jingle tones during radio broadcasts and sporting events.
Although, you can also store various custom sounds and tones in it that you can play by clicking the soundboard buttons present on its interface. This software also lets you create and maintain multiple soundboards pallets.
You can store up to 30 different jingles or sounds in each palette. This software supports audio files of various formats that give users the flexibility to work with audio files of other formats like MP3, MP2, WAV, MPA, OGG, and more. Now, check out the main features of this soundboard software.
- Pallets: From this section, you can access your soundboard pallets. By default, this soundboard comes preconfigured with various jungle tones that you can wipe using the Stop and Empty Palette button. After that, right-click over a soundboard button and select the Assign Jingle option to load a sound or tone. Similarly, you can assign sounds to all the buttons of the palette.
- Sound Controller: This software offers various control tools to switch sound palettes, set one or more sounds to autorepeat mode, mix sounds, etc.
- Touch Screen Compatible: This soundboard is also compatible with touch screen devices that enable you to use it with touch screen Windows devices.
- Time Announce: Using it, you can schedule a specific tone for later that will start to play when the scheduled time reaches.
- Assign/ Clear Loop Mode: It is a handy feature that turns standard soundboard palette buttons to loop buttons. That means the sound attached with a loop button will continue to play in a loop until the user stops manually.
It is a feature-rich soundboard software on which you can easily add various sounds and play them using the on-screen soundboard palette buttons. Although, it lacks the hotkey functionality that other similar soundboard systems possess.
Mixere is another free, open-source soundboard software for Windows. As its name implies, it is mainly used to mix multiple sound samples of different formats like OGG, MP3, AIFF, WAV, and more.
Although, you can also add and use it as a soundboard as it lets you assign multiple sounds on separate tracks that you can play independently from its interface.
Each track of this software offers its media controls that you can use to play/ pause sound tones, adjust the sound intensity, etc. Now, check out the main features of this soundboard software.
- Tracks: This software offers 64 separate tracks that add up to 64 unique sounds that you can play using the media controls of tracks. At a time, you can also play multiple tracks to mix sounds if you want.
- Media Controls: Using media controls, you can play sounds associated with a track, adjust audio pitch, adjust the audio position, adjust the audio balance, play audio in a loop, and adjust audio volume.
- Multi-Window Interface: The multi-window interface enables you to separately open and maintain multiple Mixer windows consisting of 64 separate tracks.
After assigning beats and sounds to tracks, you can save the project in Mixer (.mix) file format that you can recall later.
It is a decent soundboard software to create a custom soundboard and play distinct sound beats. The only thing that it lacks is hotkeys.
Soundboard is another free soundboard software for Windows. This software comes with a simple interface consisting of 16 mappable buttons. You can add unique sounds or beats to each button to create your custom virtual soundboard.
It also offers essential media controllers to control audio playback. The only drawback of this soundboard software is its limited audio format support, as it only supports WAV format. Now, check out the main features of this soundboard software.
- Sound Mapabble Buttons: With each soundboard button, you get a folder icon to browse and select an audio file that you want to map to a button.
- Media Controllers: This software comes with essential media controllers through which you can play a sound in a loop, adjust sound volume, stop all sounds, etc.
After mapping all the buttons, you can save all the settings in an XML file that you can later load when needed.
- This soundboard software only supports WAV audio format that limits users’ ability to work with audio files of different formats.
It is one of the most straightforward soundboard software to create your custom soundboard.
Also Read: 5 Best Free Online Concrete Poem Maker Websites.
5. Silica Interactive SoundBoard
Silica Interactive SoundBoard is another free open source soundboard software for Windows. In this soundboard software, you can add as many unique sounds as you want.
Before adding sound files to this software, you need to add buttons, as it does not come with any buttons. With each button, you can add one unique sound.
Plus, a hotkey can be assigned to each button so that you can switch between sounds without using its interface. Now, check out the main features of this soundboard software.
- Unlimited sound sample support: You can add as many sound samples as you want to this soundboard.
- Hotkey and Virtual Soundboard buttons: This software supports virtual soundboard buttons along with hotkeys that enable users to switch between sound samples either by using the main interface or assigned hotkeys.
- Custom Button Names: Another helpful feature lets you rename each soundboard button.
- This software also allows users to delete buttons, rename buttons, replace sound files associated with buttons, etc.
It is a simple and effective soundboard software that can be operated using virtual soundboard buttons and assigned hotkeys.
Also Read: 5 Best Mickey Mouse Font Generator Websites.
6. Sensory Sound Board
Sensory Sound Board is another free soundboard software for Windows. It is a fun and interactive soundboard software with multiple separate soundboards such as Creepy Soundboard, Storm Soundboard, Two Button Verse, and more.
In each soundboard, you get various sounds related to the name of the soundboard. You can easily play sounds associated with them by pressing the soundboard buttons. Although, this software doesn’t let you replace any sound. Now, check out the main features of this soundboard software.
- Prebuilt Soundboards: This software comes with various prebuilt soundboards ready to play.
- Sound Playback Options: You get various useful sound playback options in this soundboard software to enable single sound playback, multiple sound playbacks, echo voice effects, etc.
- Switch Control Options: Using these options, you can configure this software to be operated using a mouse or keyboard.
- This soundboard software comes with predefined sounds that you cannot change.
It is simple to use soundboard software to try if you want prebuilt soundboard software.
Also Read: 6 Free Frozen Font Generator Websites
In a nutshell
With this, we sum up our list of the 6 best free soundboard software. Do let us know which one you liked the most in the comments section. If we have forgotten to add any of your favorite Windows soundboard software, share it at [email protected], and we will add it to this list.