This post was last Updated on by Himanshu Tyagi to reflect the accuracy and up-to-date information on the page.
This article has compiled a list of 35 best family business quotes by various family business leaders and entrepreneurs.
From a broader perspective, a family business is an organization where family members have control over significant policies and strategies and make sure that the company not only survives but also thrives on fostering the next generation.
The family business has emerged as a distinct organization with unique concerns and issues. The success of family businesses depends on many factors for their achievements.
But one thing which is standard across various organizations is that they are founded based on a set of core values that withstand the founding members and are deeply rooted in the company’s culture by its leadership.
Also Read: 30 Best Technology Quotes By World Leaders.
35 Best Family Business Quotes By Top Leaders And Entrepreneurs
1. “A lot of family members worked in the joint commodities family business. It was a classic case of capitalism at work and socialism at home.” – Uday Kotak
2. “All my kids have worked in the family business. I’ve been successful at that. My family knows how to work. We all started working very young.”- Alex Spanos
3. “Any company owner that wants to grow their brand has to delegate. Giving people their responsibilities is the only way to develop a company unless you have superpowers of course!” -Anna Gaia
4. “If companies aren’t willing to adapt to change, they are in trouble. A lot of people hate change and that holds them back.”–Blake Hobson
5. “You have to want to serve the people well, that has to be one of your core drivers. If you just want to make money, sell cheap, it won’t work.” –Dominic Hadeed
6. “Sometimes it feels like today, we are all just thinking of numbers and spreadsheets. At times, we forget that instinct is just as important.” – Alberto Pirelli
7. “You have to allow innovation even if you don’t understand it in the now.” -Roland Mack
8. “You have to manage the pace of change. It is a matter of building up the right momentum; if you go too fast people can’t adapt, let alone follow.” -Matteo Alessi
9. “As long as you create strong core capabilities, it doesn’t matter how many people imitate your business model. Be aware and stay focused on your mission.”
10. “I believe a good leader has to give more space to managers and employees to make decisions in their field of work. Otherwise, they will lose out on the feeling of success, which is a driver in the business world.” -Kovács Károly György
11. “Not everyone is creating a Silicon Valley start-up. Most entrepreneurs are solving immediate problems in their communities and will never care about VCs or debt to equity ratios.” -Chandran Nair
12. “It is halfway true that if you are involved in a family coffeehouse you don’t have a life.” -Robin McKinley
13. “Leave the President’s family business to him. You will have plenty to do without trying to manage the First Family. They are likely to do fine without your help.” – Donald Rumsfeld
14. “I am really excited to be partnering with Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula. Aside from being a longtime fan of their products, they’re a family business with a strong ethical foundation, and that makes us a great match.” – India Arie
15. “The way it works in our family is, it’s the family business. Much like in the Mafia. Every child is given the opportunity to act at a young age and to learn what it’s like to be in the business. But I didn’t really know I wanted to act when I was a child.” – Jordan Bridges
16.”A family business in cinema is not necessarily creative. It is generally about prolonging your family fortune.” – Naseeruddin Shah
17. “Tradition is like a bow. The more we stretch the bowstring, the farther we can throw the arrows of modernity and innovation.” -Giovanni Ferrero
18. “I don’t like the word ‘dynasty,’ but that’s what it is. It’s not just a business. There’s a lot going on in the background.” – Jake Dyson
19. “It’s hard to have a hereditary system that produces the competencies required to meet the demands of the public and the organization.” – J. Mark Baiada
20. ‘It’s the downside of a family business: anything good is because I’m somebody’s son; otherwise, I’m a schmuck.” – Edgar Bronfman, Jr.
21. “When we took over, we made a pact that we wouldn’t argue about little things. We get along because the business is more important than who’s right and who’s wrong.” – Judith Lowry
22. “I believe that the tradition that follows a family through eight generations is extremely powerful, quite tangible and very relevant. The secret is to not let your tradition unreasonably burden you.” – John Lyman III
23. “You have to come to peace with the idea that you’re going to do the same thing that your father did, and your father was pretty great at it. You also have to come to grips with the fact that he started it from scratch and you are never going to do that. It’s an internal struggle that took me 20 years to untangle.” – Marc Glimcher
24. “We have to collect our thoughts and desires and expectations for the business and share those with one voice instead of 100 different voices.” – Stacy Mello
25. “What has been really helpful for us is going back and remembering and honoring our family history as well as our loved ones, focusing as a family on our common interests and causes. I think that’s really helped to develop a family glue.” – Heidi Vermeer-Quist
26. “If a person is approaching retirement with a sense that he needs to make a big splash to make up for lost time, it’s highly likely to be a misguided effort.” – Dave Juday
27. “Someone who’s never been exposed to it doesn’t really understand that the family business is the moving force in the family.” – Bernard Kliska
28. “A lot of times family business people are there without having been out on their own. All of us demonstrated we can do things on our own very capably.” – Jeff DeBoer
29. “There’s a lot of pride and a lot of passion put into a family business that has survived as long as ours. This is a labor of love.” – Lee Schwebel
30. “There was a time when I didn’t think I’d go into the family business. But this is my life. And being out here, that’s definitely my lifestyle.” – Michael McCormick
31. “In a family business, it’s the third generation that presents the big problems. The first generation founds the company and has the drive and the dedication to move it forward. The second generation rides that wave. The third generation wants to do their own thing. They’ve seen Broadway; they’ve had all the advantages.” – Gale Petronis
32. “It’s the family business thing. This is where my heart’s been for a long time.” – Joyce Henry
33. “I run the family business now, but at one time, we all worked for the company. Growing up, we thought it was normal for there to be typewriters and adding machines on the dining room table. We just grew up with it.” – Mark Magie
34. “I like to think of us as one of the holdouts, trying to keep a small family business in a tough business climate.”- Tim Brady
35. “Given the complexity and paradox of family business environment, how is that some firms manage to survive beyond centuries? Family businesses are under threat from both the sides, family as well as business.” – Rajesh Jain
Also Read: What is IoT in simple words?
In this article, we shared 35 best family business quotes. Read these quotes for daily motivation and inspiration. Also, feel free to share them on your social media channels. If we missed any of your favorite quotes related to the family business, share them in the comments section.