Here, we have compiled a list of Windows’s 7 best data recovery software. Use these software to effortlessly recover lost or accidentally deleted data from your HDDs or SSDs.
We get to lose Data for various reasons, putting us in a position to need innovative hard drive data recovery tools.
Data loss can be caused by accidental deletion, hard drive formatting, mechanical damage, and file system errors, among other software and hardware failures.
In most cases, we want to retrieve the lost data, and the good news is that this is entirely possible because of the hard drive data recovery tools available.
Please note that when you lose your data, it is better to stop using the affected device to avoid overwriting it, making it almost impossible to recover.
7 Best Data Recovery Software for Windows
Let’s now explore these 7 best data recovery software for your PC.
1. Disk Drill Data Recovery Software
Disk Drill by CleverFiles is considered the best software data recovery tool for hard drives.
It can recover data from failed Seagate external hard drives, among other storage devices. It is a data recovery software tool for your hard drive and has data protection and backup features.
Most people love it because you can create a backup that can come in handy when recovering a failing storage device.
Steps To Recover Data From Your Seagate Hard Drive With Disk Drill
1. Download Disk Drill from its official website and install it on your desktop. Once that is successfully done, launch the tool to complete the process.
2. On your monitor screen, you will see a list of storage devices and disks that can be read by your computer as displayed by the Disk Drill app. Select the Seagate Hard Drive and let it search for lost data.
3. Select’ Review found items Once the scanning is completed.’
4. Disk Drill will then display a list of recoverable files. Mark all the items you want and click the ‘recover’ button.
5. When prompted to select a different storage disk by Disk Drill, select the one you are sure with, as it will save the recovered files to the new destination designated beforehand.
6. Click the ‘OK’ option and wait for the Seagate hard drive recovery process to finish.
- Has the ability to compile its findings as a folder
- Has powerful recovery capabilities
- It supports a significant number of file formats.
The process is not clear and straightforward and may be very difficult to follow in most cases, forcing you to skip the custom installation path.
Around 70% of organizations are worried about data loss due to breaches and cyber-attacks. This is where ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus proves to be crucial for SMBs and enterprises.
An enterprise-grade DLP (Data Loss Prevention) software protects your sensitive data on managed endpoints from data disclosure and theft by leveraging various data loss prevention strategies.
Advantages of ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus:
- Advanced data discovery
- Robust data classification
- Insider threat prevention
- Secure email collaboration
- Cloud upload control
- Device control and data containerization
- False positive remediation
- Real-time alerts and comprehensive reports
3. EaseUS Data Recovery
This free data recovery can recover deleted or formatted photos and videos from hard drives and memory cards. As one of the top hard drive data recovery software to use in 2022, EaseUS offers exemplary recovery services and is affordable. See this tool’s pros and cons before making it your go-to solution in 2022.
- Fast scanning speed with high-quality data recovery
- Free recovery of up to 2GB limit.
4. Recuva Hard Disk Data Recovery
Regarding Recuva, prepare for significant interaction when guiding you through recovery. Recuva’s hard drive data recovery tools recover pictures and music, videos, documents, emails, and almost all other files lost from various drives, such as USB flash drives and external hard drives.
- It is an entirely free recovery software
- A portable version is available
- Deep scan capabilities
- Unattractive user interface
- No preview options during the scan
Also Read: 8 Best DLL Injector Software for Windows
This Seagate hard drive recovery software restores lost data on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
Similarly, it can scan partitioned disks and external hard drives, quickly scanning up to 100 GB of hard drives in minutes. This it does with a lot of ease and greatness.
- Preview of recovered files is capable
- Supports more than 1,000 file types
- You can run a full scan before purchasing it
- Capabilities of partitioning hard drives
- It is not free software; hence, you must pay before file recovery
6. Stellar Data Recovery
This data recovery software mainly recovers deleted files from a hard drive, including external hard drives such as USB, SD cards, and connected mobile phones.
This software can scan your device to recover deleted files from a hard drive in two ways: first, it can perform a deep scan, which is always slow, especially if the drive is large.
- Capable of recovering deleted data from various hard drives
- Supports a wide variety of file systems
- Offers search and filter results
- There is a free version for Windows and Mac users
- When doing a deep scan, there is a tendency it be slow
- Pricing is a bit confusing from software options
7. Wondershare Recoverit
This is one of the best hard drive data recovery tools for recovering deleted or formatted videos. It can stitch together disintegrated file pieces and put them together to create a single video.
Wondershare Recoverit can recover files from a formatted drive for free up to 100 MB of data resolution with paid versions giving a lifetime license.
- Can stitch together video fragments
- It supports video file previews
- Paid versions offer 24 hours support
- Recovers both 4k and 8k videos
- It is relatively expensive
- It does not support both iOS and Android devices
If your damaged hard drive contains important files, never panic. Please choose any of the top data recovery software described above to proceed with the recovery process and return your files to the hard drive. Subscribe to our newsletter and get such productivity tools and software straight to your inbox.