Deleted files can remain on your hard drive for quite some time before being logically deleted by Windows. Once these files have been deleted, the space is marked free for storage, and the previous data is made available until it is overwritten by another data added. It is still available to recover permanently deleted files or folders on Windows 10.
There are various methods and applications that you can use in this recovery, and in this article, we shall look at some of the best software available in the market today. To recover logically deleted data on your Windows 10 computer, you should always consider data recovery software as it can do an excellent job. There is a variety of them, as discussed below.
Also Read: 6 Best Data Recovery Software for Hard Drives in 2022
Best Data Recovery Apps For Windows For Restoring Files
Now let’s explore these best data recovery apps for Windows.
1. Disk Drill Data Recovery Software for Windows
CleverFile’s Disk Drill for Windows is considered among the best and is often recommended by many Recovery software experts worldwide. This is so because it uses cutting-edge algorithms to scan deeply into your storage media to restore permanently deleted files, recover deleted folders, and restore lost files from bits and pieces found in the storage device.
Disk Drill also has data protection tools for free and helps recover recently deleted files. Another feature with Disk Drill is the Recovery Vault which allows you to designate folders and files for improved protection.
- Its free version offers free 500 MB data recovery
- It can recover very hidden files because of its algorithms
- Appealing user interface
Cons: Do not support phone
Also Read: How to Unsave All Posts On Instagram At Once
2. ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus
ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus is a powerful tool for preventing data loss. Endpoint DLP Plus helps to identify all the endpoints, categorize enterprise data, and control data transfer methods. It provides a centralized console from which admins can configure various restrictions to stop insider threats from disclosing vital enterprise data. Additionally, it provides real-time alerts and comprehensive reports.
Additional features of ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus:
- Robust classification of both structured and unstructured data
- Stringent peripheral device control
- Complete cloud upload protection
- Secure email collaboration
- False positive remediation
- Instant alerts and extensive audits
This freeware data recovery software can recover deleted files in Windows 10 and permanently delete files from your hard drive or any other storage device. Recuva has a user-friendly interface and can restore deleted folders, including files containing music, documents, or photos from the hard drive, USB drives, and formatted hard drives.
It can scan for traces of files through its deep scanning feature, and one of the features that make this app great is its ability to securely delete files from your computer and never be recovered by other software tools.
- Its pro version is relatively cheap compared to other software
- It has an easy-to-interact-with interface
- It secures deleted files
Cons: Its free version has a less satisfying data recovery performance compared to other software
Also Read: 15 Best Android Apps to Share Screen to PC, TVs
4. EaseUS Data Recovery Software
EaseUS Data Recovery software is considered an easy-to-use software because of its simple recovery methods. It can recover lost files in a few clicks and is a straightforward interface. Its free version can recover up to 2 GB for Windows users.
This application enables you to preview your recovered files before completing this process. This ensures that you pick only suitable files for restoration. You can control the scanning process and search for deleted files and folders you need to restore by using filters found on the user-friendly interface.
With EaseUS, you get to recover deleted folders that are formatted into partitions, and it is compatible with over a hundred file types and all disk storage. There is less to worry about when using EaseUS since even if you have basic computer training, you can still comfortably use it.
- The results achieved are excellent and well-articulated
- Users are well assisted via the elaborate knowledge base of the site
- It supports both Windows and macOS versions
- The data recovery tool recovers MS SQL databases and exchanges mailboxes
- It is more expensive when compared to other well-known data recovery software
- Recovery speed can be slow, especially when recovering large files
Also Read: 10 Best Crypto Apps For Beginners 
5. Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows
Stellar Data Recovery Software has been around for years undergoing various evolution today. However, despite being around for a long time, it does not contain the most sophisticated features seen in other software.
This application can recover deleted folders for photos even from drones and cameras to perform the tasking or recover lost or permanently deleted files from any storage device. It can restore data from encrypted devices as it comes with a simple user interface that makes the recovery process less complicated.
- Supports Unicode file recovery
- You can quickly and easily find the file you are looking for via its three-scan preview
- You can manually create new file headers to achieve comprehensive results
- To access it, you must have an annual license subscription
- Even its trial version does not have free data recovery
Also Read: 10 Best Wireless Keyboards for Mac
6. R-Studio for Windows
Initially designed for use by data recovery experts, R-Studio has evolved its user interface to accommodate even those who are not experts in data recovery as anyone can easily use it. R-Studio supports Windows, Mac, ad Linux and is a proper cross-platform solution because of its vast and various recovery options.
R-Studio has a variety of improved features that only favor the experts. This is most likely because of its developer’s initial intention of making it a tool to be used by the experts. It also comes with R-Undelete providing a user-friendly interface to be used by inexperienced or non-experts.
- There is a demo version
- Can reconstruct RAID arrays
- A more simplified version called R-Undelete is available for use with people with less experience
- Personalized recoverable file types
Cons: It is an expensive data recovery tool compared to other applications used to recover deleted files in Windows 10
Also Read: 5 Best Photo Booth Online Websites
We have seen some of the best Data Recovery Apps for Windows to use in 2022 in your attempt to restore your deleted files. Always ensure that you pick a compatible operating system that is user-friendly, secure, cheap software with a good reputation, and you will achieve the best results.
Hello Friends! I am Himanshu, a hobbyist programmer, tech enthusiast, and digital content creator.
With CodeItBro, my mission is to promote coding and help people from non-tech backgrounds to learn this modern-age skill!