For professionals of the 21st century, being able to collaborate in a hassle-free manner is a real asset. We can easily connect with our remote team members to exchange ideas. There are many apps for this purpose, from Skype to Slack, and so on, but these apps require the hassles of creating accounts, setting up apps, etc.
Last night, I was exploring Product Hunt, and I found this cool web app called Witeboard. It is a pretty intuitive and straightforward whiteboard app that allows teams to come together and share ideas by drawing and writing on the canvas.
Suppose you are in a call conference and want to explain something to other participants. In that case, Witeboard can come in handy as it doesn’t require any setup or installation. You can quickly collaborate with other team members to work productively and foster excellent conversations.
How to use this whiteboard web app to collaborate in the real-time
Getting started with Witeboard is quite easy. Simply visit the link provided at the end of this post, and you will see a white screen with a toolbox at the bottom, as you can see in the first screenshot above. You don’t have to create an account to use this app.
To draw, you first have to select a pencil tool. After that, you can start drawing on the canvas. Apart from that, there is also a text tool that lets you write on the canvas. Just like many other whiteboard apps, it also has an eraser tool to delete elements on the canvas.
Now, if you want to invite your team members to draw collaboratively and exchange ideas, then you just have to simply click on the Share button at the top right, as shown in the screenshot below.
After clicking on the Share button, a link will be automatically copied. Now, you just have to share this link with your team members. When your team members visit the shared link, they will be able to see what you have already drawn on the canvas, and they can also start drawing. Whatever they draw or write on the drawing area, you will be able to see the changes, as you can see in the screenshot below.
1. Pencil tool – To draw on the whiteboard. There is no option to change the thickness of the stroke, but you can change its color. The best part it automatically changes color for other members so that it is easier to differentiate.
2. Text tool – Write text on the canvas. However, you can’t change the font size, style, make it bold, italic, etc.
3. Eraser tool – To delete the errors while drawing. No option to change the size of the eraser.
4. History tool – To access previously made changes on the whiteboard.
5. Shortcut support – To quickly switch between different drawing tools.
Click free drawing – Hold Space
Draw a rectangle – R + Click/Space
Draw a circle – C + Click/Space
Draw a straight line – Hold Shift
6. Shape detection mode – To quickly draw shapes. Witeboard will detect the form you are trying to draw.
- Slack plugin available.
- No need to signup or login.
- Switch to blackboard mode – for dark mode lovers.
- Save your drawings as an image (PNG format).
Witeboard is a simple web app to collaborate with your team members in real-time. I like its simplicity as users don’t have to create an account to use the web app. You just have to simply share a link to exchange ideas with your team members and draw collaboratively. Best of all, you can export the whiteboard content as a PNG image.
Do check it out and share your experience in the comments section below.