React native developers are in demand now, and a large pool of them are available for hire, balancing the overall supply and demand. However, finding a React Native developer who will fit your company’s requirements can be challenging when many of them apply simultaneously. This is because you can never really know how good a developer is until they are put to work.
Asking the right questions and even putting developers through tests are great ways to assess their skills. Although, what kind of questions should you ask? What kind of assessments should you give to your candidates?
Table of Contents
5 Interview Tips You Should use when hiring react native developers
This article will give you tips on hiring the right react native developer.
1. Know what kind of skills you are looking for
Before hiring a React Native developer, you must know what we mentioned.
In short, you are looking for React Native developers who fulfill the requirements and have the required experience you are asking for. It would help to mention this before saying that you are hiring a developer. Here are the vital skills you should be looking for in a react native developer:
- Good experience with React Native: Even if you are a beginner, you have to experience React Native. These include the frameworks, APIs, components, and much more.
- Android and iOS experience: the primary duty of react-native developers is to build cross-platform apps, and this means that the app they make must look Native to any platform it is operating on. In addition to that, they must ensure that their app follows all guidelines regarding Android’s UI and iOS.
Other skills to look for
When it comes to hiring a React Native Developer, technical skills are not the only thing you should focus on.
A developer should cooperate with their team, be flexible and easy to work with, have good communication skills, and always try to solve a problem and not create it.
Look for developers who don’t stick to the same working methods and always try to bring innovations to their work.
Also Read: 4 Best YuGiOh Card Maker Websites
2. Use a React Native test
You can give your candidates a coding test for React Native to assess their overall knowledge of the React Native framework to hire the right people. This test helps you determine which React Native developers have the proper knowledge and the necessary abilities to create, maintain, and update Reach Native apps.
The covered skills in this test are:
- Developer Workflow
- UI Development
- React Framework
- Native – Android/iOS
These React Software engineers themselves build native tests, and even the most popular apps in the world, such as Instagram and Facebook, are made using the React Native framework.
The React Native test helps identify developers who can build native apps for your business using a React Native framework. Candidates who pass this test can develop a new app from the beginning and fix issues that arise during the development phase.
3. Find candidates in the right places
So, where do you find the best React Native Developers? Not every platform or portal is the same. You need to look in the right areas and see where these experts are hanging around.
Let’s dive right in and see where we can find the best React Native Developers.
If you’re looking for top-rated React Native developers, Toptal is your right choice. Toptal claims to have the world’s top 3% developers, and only 3% of applicants make it through the screening phase.
Hiring on Toptal may be a little expensive. However, un-qualified applications are disregarded, and the chances of hiring a highly-skilled React Native developer are guaranteed.
Also Read: How Does DoorDash Make Money?
LinkedIn has the world’s largest professional network and gives you every chance to hire the people you are looking for. With nearly 800 million users, LinkedIn gives you the ability to filter all searches you conduct.
In this case, you can put a hiring frame on your profile picture and attract potential candidates. LinkedIn allows you to post that you are trying to hire, but the only downside is that you will need to put applicants through a testing phase to find out if they meet requirements or not. There are many active users on LinkedIn, so you may be getting a lot of applications after you post that you are hiring.
The best way to post about your hiring is to mention whether you need a senior or junior React Native. Even though you may get many entry-level applicants applying, you can always screen them out with an ATS.
Also Read: 5 Best Free Dictionary API for Apps
Freelance sites can be a good way of searching for a React Native developer. Some popular sites include:
- Upwork: is a widely used freelance site and rates freelancers based on how satisfied their clients are. You will also see signs such as ‘top-rated freelancer’ that increase trust even before you make a hire. What is so good about Upwork is the ability to see client reviews about a particular person. This makes the hiring process easier for you!
- Freelancer: similar to Upwork, but different in its way. Freelancer has a lot of freelancers available, especially developers. Although, the only downside is that many of them fight to offer services at a lower price, which may not be the best option to go in some cases. However, like Upwork, Freelancer will show you client reviews and what kind of rating the freelancer has.
- Guru: another popular freelance site similar to Upwork and Freelancer. You have the option of hiring, and the good thing about Guru is that before you hire someone, it shows you their experience and what kind of problem they can solve for you. In this case, a React Native developer can state what they know and what other clients say about them.
4. Ask good questions
Asking good questions is probably an essential part of the hiring process. After choosing who will participate in the interview, you have to answer the right questions.
You don’t need to be some expert in asking good questions, but ask questions related to the job. Here are some you can use during a technical interview:
- In what cases do we use ReactJS?
- What is the difference between React Native and React?
- Talk to us a little about the lifecycle of one react component
- What are the advantages of using a React Native?
- What are the threads of ReactNative, and describe what do we use them for?
- Please explain to us about Timers used in a React Native Application.
- How can you debug React Native Applications?
- Define the term ‘Props Drilling‘ and how you can avoid it?
5. Don’t forget about your job description
No, we didn’t forget about this step. Writing a good job description is crucial to attract suitable applicants.
Define what your business stands for, the years of experience required, what kind of skills the React Native needs to possess, and what can they expect when working with you?
You don’t want to write a job description that will scare away your experienced applicants and attract those you don’t need. There is no ideal length in a job description, but it needs to be described well and specify every requirement. Whatever you forget to write will only be against you.
Also Read: 9 Best Manga Downloader Software for Windows
Wrapping it up
Well, that’s about it for this article. Hiring top-rated React Native developers are essential for your development team and the apps your business creates. Although it may be challenging, the sense of having a team of experienced developers is outstanding.
Put your candidates to the test and see what they can do. You want to see what people can do before working for your company. A couple of interview questions won’t ever do the trick, but it is all about their technical skills.
The time and money you use for your business are precious and need to be valued, so you need to pay attention to every tip we recommend. Otherwise, you are good to go!