If you own a fast-moving large business, you must have heard of the Linux operating system due to its many benefits. Likewise, you must have heard of and seen several Linux control panels for managing Linux servers and hosting services.
Despite the myriad control panels in the market, you need a Linux control panel that meets your needs and does the job.
Here, we introduce you to the best Linux control panel, which is well-suited for large businesses.
Further, these control panels will make it easier for system administrators to administer and manage multiple websites effectively. Find below the best and leading Linux control panels for large businesses.
Also Read: 6 Best Text To Braille Converter Software For Windows
Best Linux control panel for large businesses
If you are looking for a lightweight, reliable and affordable Linux-based control panel for your large business, look no further because the ispmanager commercial control panel hits the nail.
In addition to doing what the control panel has been designed to do, it provides you flexibility and powerful performance to do whatever you desire without zapping all of your server’s resources.
Further, the control panel’s standout business features are multiple node management, email management, multiple user allocation, and CloudLinux integration. Additionally, the pros and cons of ispmanager are given below.
- Intuitive user interface
- Affordable license cost
- Reliable and regularly updated
- Robust tools for system administrators
- Easily integrated with popular billing systems
- Unparalleled compatibility with Linux distributions
- Ease and savings in computing resources
- The development of custom modification and third-party add-ons, plugins, and integration may sometimes be challenging.
- There is a limitation on language support. But English is still available, anyway!
Also Read: What Does a Data Analyst Do? And How to Become One
cPanel is one of the most popular Linux-based control panels for system administrators, web hosting providers or companies, and web developers.
The community-driven web hosting panel offers a wide range of features, is straightforward to install and use, and makes life easier for businesses regardless of size and technical skills.
Further, cPanel’s functionality is paired with WHM (Web Host Manager), a server management interface for providing administrative control over the server.
Thus, you will seamlessly administer all aspects of web hosting and effectively manage the hosting environment of your business. The pros and cons of cPanel are listed below.
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Reliable technical support via blogs, forums, videos, knowledge base, and technical manuals
- Wide range of high-end features that allow performing complicated tasks without running complex commands
- Automatic software installation
- Highly compatible with many web browsers, applications and software
- License is expensive
- High resource usage
- Web Host Manager (WHM) uses a different layout compared to that of the cPanel interface
- Users sometimes find the interface to be cluttered and overwhelming
Also Read: 10 Popular Backend Frameworks for Web Development
Plesk Linux-based control panel is another popular option for your large business, and it may be an excellent fit for you because of its flexibility and scalability. It also offers many features for managing multiple websites, email accounts, and databases.
Additionally, you may need Plesk if your business deals with an extensive database. Moreover, it is prevalent for database use.
Further, it has unparalleled compatibility with popular database management tools and supports nearly all database engines. Find below the pros and cons of Plesk.
- Simple and Intuitive user interface
- Easily customizable
- Lightweight and easy on system resources
- High level of compatibility with different operating systems, applications, technologies, and platforms
- Variety of administration tools and extensions
- License is expensive
- There may be less community support and resources
- There may be unused options that are hard to find or easily forgotten because the features are hidden inside various menu titles
Also Read: 2 Best Morse Code Audio Decoder Websites
ISPConfig is one of the most popular free or open-source Linux-based control panels designed for system administrators and web hosting providers.
It allows you to administer multiple servers and reseller accounts through a single interface that is easy to manage. Further, the Linux-based control panel allows you to customize as much as you like or want.
Thus, ISPConfig is a GUI to administer and manage all you have built on your server. The pros and cons of ISPConfig are highlighted below.
- It is free
- Multilingual as it can be used in over 22 languages
- Stable and reliable control panel
- Easy on system resources
- Frequent release of updates
- The only free control panel to support virtualization natively
- Difficult to set up and requires high technical skills
- Finding technical support may be challenging
Also Read: 5 Websites to Make PDF Look Hand Scanned
DirectAdmin is one of the cheapest Linux-based, commercial control panels that are relatively lightweight, easy to use for everyday web hosting management tasks and works well with various projects.
The lower license cost of DirectAdmin does not come at the cost of features, although it has a smaller choice of features. That said, DirectAdmin is a good choice for large businesses that need a simple yet powerful solution.
Further, the control panel may be an excellent fit for your business if you handle lots of emails because built-in email management is very reliable. Also, see the pros and cons of DirectAdmin below.
- Relatively cheap license compared to other commercial control panels
- Fast and compact
- Relatively lightweight and easy on system resources
- Stable and recovers automatically after a crash
- Lean and tidy interface
- It may sometimes be challenging to locate essential functions, especially if you are a new user
- Lacks advanced server administration features
- Lacks third-party add-ons or plugins
Also Read: 5 Best Focus Stacking Software For Windows
If you are looking for the best control panel for managing Linux servers and hosting services for your large business, consider any of the Linux control panels discussed above.
Ultimately, the best Linux control panel for your large business will depend on your business’s specific needs and requirements.
Therefore, it is essential to evaluate the features and capabilities of each free or commercial control panel before making a decision.
Hello Friends! I am Himanshu, a hobbyist programmer, tech enthusiast, and digital content creator.
With CodeItBro, my mission is to promote coding and help people from non-tech backgrounds to learn this modern-age skill!